When I saw dry prawns in the hyper market I took it without a second thought.When I reached home I wondered what I would make with it.Immediately I called my mil and she gave me the options..There are so many options in curries which she gave -dry prawns mango curry, dry prawns curry, dry prawns peera etc.But this is the tastiest recipe when you want to prepare a dry side dish....My hubby says so:)
- Wash dry prawns well,drain n keep aside.
- Cut shallots,ginger and garlic and mince them.
- In a wok,heat the dry prawns stirring continuously till they turn golden yellow/ brown colour.
- Mix the above heated prawns with the minced shallots,garlic,ginger mixture.
- Add chilli powder and salt to this mixture .Mix well and keep aside for minimum 1 hour for marination.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok over a low flame.Add the marinated dry prawns and stir well .
- Add a few curry leaves to the dry prawns.
- The prawns can be removed from the flame when the color changes to golden brown and become crisp.
- Serve while hot.