I was tired of having the same kind of food everyday for dinner.I decided to take a risk by trying this out.I was wondering what I would make as an alternate if my husband doesn't like it, he has a peculiar set of taste buds.But thank goodness, he loved it.
This is a very simple recipe which anyone can make using the pressure cooker. Try it out!!
- Soak rice in water for 10 mins and drain it
- Saute the rice in .5 tblspn ghee in a kadai and keep aside.
- Wash all the vegetables.Slice onions lengthwise thinly, potato into small size chunks, mushrooms thinly(you can also go for bigger chunks), tomato into small pieces.Cut and Slit green chillies.
- Heat coconut oil in the pressure cooker .Once it is ready, Add sliced 1 onion and saute it.
- Once it turns into pinkish color, add the spices (cardamom, cinnamon, mace, cloves) and saute well.Add potato after 2 minutes and stir well.Ensure that onions do not get burnt.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the above and saute untilthe raw smell go away.Add tomatoesto the above and saute well
- When the tomatoes become mushy, add mushrooms to the above and saute 3-5 minutes.You can find water oozing out of the mushrooms.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder and garammasala to above while sauting for 5 minutes.
- Add the cut coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Add the curd to the above mixture.
- Addthe sauted rice to the above and mix well.
- Add 2 cups water to the above mixture and add salt. Mix well and close the pressure cooker.Add the 1 tbspn ghee to the above mixture .
- When the steam starts coming open the pressure cooker and check the salt and spice level and accordingly if necessary.Close the cooker and aply weight
- Switch off the flame after 1 whistle.
- Roast the cashew nuts to golden color using ghee/coconut oil.
- saute the sliced leftover 1 onion using coconut oil to golden brown color and keep aside.
- When you open the pressure cooker , add the sautedonion and roasted cashewnutsand mix well.
- Serve hot along with curd raita.