I had another pack of mushrooms in my fridge and I didn't know what to do with it.A thought stuck - Why don't I just fry it?And fry I did.Here you go.
This is a very simple, less time-consuming recipe.You can make it for lunch packs in no time in the morning.It goes well with Rice, Roti and Dosa.
- Wash the mushrooms and onions in salt water. Note: Always soak and wash all the vegetables in salt water.
- Slice the mushroom into thin piece so that once it is cooked it doesnt seem to be bland and blend well with the chilly and coriander powders.
- Slice onions lengthwise and keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok.When the oil gets heated up,add the sliced onions and saute well.
- Once it turns into transparent color, add turmeric powder, chilly powder and coriander powder and mix well for 2 minutes over the flame.
- Add the sliced mushroom to the above and saute well to cook the mushroom.Do not add water as the mushroom itself releases water.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a low flame for about 10 minutes.Ensure to saute from time to time so that it doesn't get burnt.
- When the mushroom becomes dry, switch off the flame.