A very healthy one pot recipe
Spinach RiceA very healthy one pot recipeNisha Menon
Shredded Red/Green Spinach
Coriander leaves few
- Wash the vegetables and shredded spinach well.
- Slice onion lengthwise.Slit green chillies and chop tomato and coriander leaves.
- Soak the rice for 10 mins and wash it well.
- Pressure cook the rice for 1 whistle.Add 1 cup of water and a little of salt while cooking rice.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok, add cumin seeds to it.When cumin seed splutters,add sliced onion and green chilli and saute well till the onion turns into a transaparent color
- Add tomato to the above mixture and saute well.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt to the above and mix well.
- Add the shredded spinach to the above and allow it to get cooked in a low flame.Do not add any water as the spinach itself releases water.Cover it with a lid and cook for 10 mins.Ensure to check and stir continuously.
- Once the spinach mixture is cooked well, mix the rice with the spinach mixture.
- Serve hot along with Raita and Pappad.