This recipe is an inspiration from the Cutlets and the fish fingers.These are the questions popped onto my head when I first started to think about vegetable fingers - Why are the cutlets circular or round and not rectangle or triangle in shape?Atleast I have seen only cutlets round in shape.So Why not a different shape?
- Chop beans and carrot into fine pieces and boil them along with the green peas.Pls note to soak green peas for beforehand or you can go for the ready to cook packetized ones available in stores.
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker.Once it is cool for the hands, peel off the skin and mash them finely.
- Mix the mashed potatoes,boiled veggies and corn.Add salt, chilly powder and coriander powder accordingly and mix well.
- When the mixture is ready, roll it into a cylindrical/rectangular shape.
- Roll shaped veggie fingers in the all-purpose flour plate so that the flour gets coated evenly.
- Deep fry in oil or shallow fry in a pan.